At HC-One our End of Life care (also known as Palliative care) is the care of Residents with significant health needs and incurable conditions.
Our experienced Home Managers and care staff follow Nationally recognised guidelines for delivering the highest standard of care and support to those at the end of their lives.
Our staff are provided with on-going opportunities for learning and development to ensure that the care they give is not only the kindest possible, but is also delivered from a sound, professional knowledge base.
Working with our Residents, their families and friends, GPs and Community Nurses our multi-disciplinary teams provide 24-hour specialist care in a warm and welcoming environment.
HC-One specialist End of Life care includes:
- A holistic approach with psychological and emotional support for our Residents, their families and friends
- Knowing, understanding and respecting Residents’ wishes from the outset and when their health starts to deteriorate
- Spiritual care addressing the spiritual and religious needs of Residents and families
- Practical support and advice from our dedicated and caring staff
- Symptom support and pain control
We believe that every one of our Residents is a unique, special and deserving person, an ethos that can be found at the heart of all our homes.